We are honored to be part of the Board for the Connecticut Education and Career System. We are a diverse group of leaders from education, health services and industry, as well as the Department of Labor and the Department of Economic and Community Development. We have had an opportunity to visit some of the schools and experience first-hand the talented staff and their commitment to their students, trades and academic achievement.
We have also heard from community leaders and employers about how important the CTECS is, not only to the students, but also to the community and the economic future of the state. The impact that the system makes on Connecticut’s workforce development, by preparing students with life-long skills, is something to celebrate and also to expand upon.
We encourage all CTECS stakeholders to visit this page often to access information on future board meetings and activities and encourage your participation. Most of our monthly meetings are held at one of the technical high schools from 10 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. There is opportunity for public input scheduled at both the beginning and end of the meeting to make it as convenient as possible for you to participate.
We are excited for the opportunity to work with you and look forward to your suggestions and recommendations for making the CTECS the best technical education system in the nation.
CTECS BOARD MEMBERSHIP
- Mr. Robert J. Trefry, Chairperson - Former Chief Executive Officer of Bridgeport Hospital
- Mrs. Patricia Keavney-Maruca, Vice Chairperson - Current State Board of Education member
- Dr. Daisy Cocco De Filippis - President Naugatuck Valley Community College
- Ms. Maura Dunn - Vice President of Human Resources & Administration, General Dynamics Electric Boat
- Mr. Peter Hoecklin - President and Chief Executive Officer TRUMPF, Inc.
- Commissioner Kurt Westby - Department of Labor
- Mr. Fitz Walker - President and Chief Executive Officer Bartron Medical Imaging