NEW: Barbering Apprenticeship Related Instruction Coursework
is being offered for the fall semester of 2017-18 school year at A.I. Prince Technical High School in Hartford.
The mission of the Connecticut Technical High School System is to provide a world-class, unique and rigorous learning environment for high school students and adult learners.
The Connecticut Technical High School System continues to be a leading force in the state providing a unique and rigorous learning environment that focuses on both academic and career technical education and meets the needs of Connecticut’s employers.
Apprenticeship and Extension Courses
Our program provides apprentices with a comprehensive knowledge of their selected career. They learn on the job while working under the supervision of an experienced journey-person and will be registered with an approved sponsor.
Construction Licensed Trade Areas
The Connecticut Technical High School System (CTHSS) Apprenticeship Related Instruction program is fully approved by the CT-DOL Office of Apprenticeship Training in the Licensed Occupational Construction trades.
We provide related instruction for all license categories in the following areas:
- Sheet metal
Manufacturing Trade Areas
The Connecticut Technical High School System (CTHSS) is fully approved to provide related instruction training in all manufacturing related instruction areas. Manufacturing Related Instruction Programs are flexible, both online and instructor-led to offer the best possible approach to interactive learning.
CTHSS students taking all coursework required for their license category come out with:
- All related instruction hours needed for their trade area
- Knowledge and skills necessary to get licensed with the CT-DCP
What makes the CTHSS Unique?
- The CTHSS Curriculum is Fully Approved by the State of Connecticut.
- The CTHSS works hand-in-hand with both the CT-DOL-Office of Apprenticeship Training, as well as the CT-DCP Occupational Licensing Departments to ensure coursework taken is viable and what is required for both industry needs, as well as licensure.
- The CTHSS utilizes In-House OSHA Instructors.
- CTHSS Coursework is available at six convenient locations across the state.
- The CTHSS offers Low tuition cost for students, when compared to other schools.
- The CTHSS utilizes only CT-DCP licensed instructors with real world experience in the trade they teach.er-Time Evening
Apprentice and Extension Courses
Part-Time Evening Apprentice and Extension Courses
- Apprentice and Extension Course Offerings (PDF)
- Part-Time Adult Education Information Sheet (PDF)
- Registration and Contact Information for All Sites (PDF)
- Part-Time Adult Education Registration Form (PDF)
We offer Apprenticeship Programs at six schools:
Apprenticeship Information Packets
- Electrical Apprenticeship Information Packet (PDF)
- Heating and Cooling and Sheet Metal Apprenticeship Information Packet (PDF)
- Plumbing Apprenticeship Information Packet (PDF)