Adult Education Financial Aid


Full-Time Financial Aid

The 2018-2019 Financial Aid Application Packet
(Must be completed by ALL Full-Time Adult Education Students seeking Financial Aid.) (CTHSS offers Title IV / Pell Grants ONLY and CTHSS does not participate in Federal Student Loans.)

(the mock- ups reflect examples of reports received by student via e-mail from FAFSA)

The CTHSS offers Title IV/Pell Grant financial student assistance to all students and does not participate on federal loans. The student may seek a private loan from a financial institution of their choice. The CTHSS will provide the “Private Education Loan Applicant Self-certification” form upon request from the loan applicant.

Students seeking funds to help defray the cost of attendance may apply for a private loan through a financial institution of their choice.

Adult students can apply for a private student loan as well as inquire in their communities for local scholarships and grants.

Payment Plan options are offered to LPN students only through the school business office at no additional costs.

Other financing options (It is the responsibility of the student to initiate and follow up on the methods listed below):

The Connecticut Technical Education and Career System offers other financing options including:

  • Tuition waivers are available for veterans, students age 62 and over (subject to seat availability), and ONLY to students enrolled in the Certified Nurse Assistant program that are experiencing financial hardship;
  • Financial Aid - Students enrolled in a full-time program may apply for a federal Pell grant;
  • Outside agencies funding from other state agencies (i.e. Dept. of Labor, Office of the State Comptroller);
  • G.I. Bill Veteran Education Benefits

Consumer Information – 2016-2017 Financial Aid Information for Students (Full Version)