Q. How do I apply to become a high school student at any of the technical high schools?

A. You must fill out an application then give the application to the school you are now attending. Your present school will send us your grades and attendance records. Contact your guidance office or the nearest technical high school for more information.

Q. What does it cost to attend Grades 9-12 at a technical high schools?
A. If you are a resident of Connecticut, it's free.

Q. How do I know which career technical education program to choose?
A. Our ninth-grade Exploratory Program will help you decide. All grade 9 students participate in this program, which allows them to spend time working and studying in each of our trade offerings. After completing the Exploratory Program, freshmen choose the technical field they would like to pursue.

Q. Is there transportation from my town to the technical high schools?
A. Yes. All towns provide transportation to the technical high schools serving their region. Check with your local school system for specific times and pick-up points.

Q. Will I receive a high school diploma?
A. Yes. In addition to receiving instruction, experience and a certificate in your Career and Technical Education area, you will also earn a Connecticut high school diploma.

Q. Are there any extracurricular activities at the technical high schools?
A. Yes! Basketball, soccer, volleyball, baseball and softball are just a few of the sports available to male and female students. Club activities include yearbook, newspaper, student council, dance committee, SkillsUSA and National Honor Society.

Q. Can I go to college if I attend a technical high schools?
A. Absolutely! In fact, many of our graduating seniors go on to further their education. Many have been accepted at colleges and universities throughout the United States. Also, our College Career Pathways program allows students to earn college credits while attending a technical high school.

Q. What can I do if I have more questions?
A. Whether you are interested in high school or day or evening adult programs, contact the guidance office in the technical high school near you.