CTHSS School Meal Forms for the 2017-2018 School Year
- Parent & Guardian Letter
- Free and Reduced-Price Meal Application
- How to Apply for Free & Reduced-Price Meals
- Release Form
- Online Meal Application
- Foreign Language Translates for Free and Reduced-Priced Meal Applications
Breakfast & Lunch Menus 2017-2018 School Year
The CTHSS Nutrition and School Meals Unit is committed to providing healthy school meals and snacks to the students of the Connecticut Technical High School System. The team of dedicated food and nutrition professionals supports student academic success and promotes healthful eating habits that lead to lifelong positive nutrition practices.
School meals are served to students under the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast Program and follow the nutrition guidelines prescribed by The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010. The law was designed to reduce the incidence of childhood obesity by providing healthier choices to students. To learn more about school meal regulations visit www.sde.ct.gov.
The Connecticut Technical High School System continues to embrace the new regulations and are proactive in positioning the district to be in compliance for an easier transition to the new federal regulations governing the national school lunch and breakfast programs.
These standards include:
- Increased produce options, ensuring that students are offered both fruits and vegetables every day of the week.
- A ban on unhealthy trans fats.
- Portion size guidelines and calorie limits based on the age of children served.
- Increased emphasis on whole grain products.
- Limits on the types of milk served, with an emphasis on low fat (1%) and non-fat varieties.
- Reductions in sodium levels to be phased in over several years.