The CTECS Masonry Program prepares students for employment in construction trades directly related to the use of mortar, block, tile, and slate. The program involves the understanding and use of materials such as mortar and bonding agents, the related hand and power tools of the trade, laying and aligning brick, block, and tile, the building of archways, fireplaces, chimneys, wall works, and interior finishing. As students advance they are exposed to job cost estimations, use and application of more advanced materials and techniques and production work for outside customers.
To learn more about our program offerings, please view our Program of Studies.
• Demonstrate Safety for both On and Off Campus production work
• OSHA 10 / OSHA 30 credentialing
• First Aid/CPR/AED credentialing
• Understand career opportunities in the masonry career
• Demonstrate proficiency in career related mathematics, reading, writing, vocabulary, and science
• Understand masonry processes and materials
• Demonstrate safe hand and portable tool uses.
• Operates stationery equipment used in the masonry field.
• Demonstrate basic masonry construction blueprint reading and sketching
• Demonstrate skills for high quality residential/commercial masonry construction
• Understand and apply State of Connecticut Building Codes
• Perform residential and commercial construction projects for customers off-campus
• Demonstrate the ability to complete a job application and interview and to perform entry-level job readiness and electrical career skills
• Students reaching an acceptable level of proficiency may be eligible for Work Based Learning (WBL)
• OSHA 10 (1926)
• First Aid/CPR/AED
• Ladder and Scaffolding
• Power Actuated Tool
• Workforce Ready/Masonry
• Building Science Principals
• Residential Masonry Construction
• Commercial Masonry Construction
• Bricklayer/Block Layer
• Tile Installer
• Terrazzo Installer
• Two or four year degree in Construction Management
• Concrete Installations (Foundations/Decks)
Program Locations in CT
• A.I. Prince THS, Hartford
• Bullard-Havens THS, Bridgeport
• Harvard H. Ellis THS, Danielson